Best Age for Beardie Care
by Adriana Semler
(U.S. Hopkinz MN)
The Best Age for Someone Caring for a Bearded Dragon is ages 10 Years or Older
What age do you think is recommended to have a pet bearded dragon?
Editor Suggestion Best Age for Person to Take Care of a Bearded Dragon
Any reptile should not be kept by anyone under the age of 10 due to the salmonella risk that comes from improper handling (failure to wash hands). As long as you are age 10 or over, you have the maturity to care for a lizard. The person caring for a Bearded Dragon
also has to be mature enough to do and understand the following:
1. Can accommodate a habitat requiring an electrical heat source.
2. Understands that a Bearded Dragon doesn't need to be cuddled or touched.
3. Can feed and clean up after a bearded dragon daily.
4. Feels comfortable providing live food to a bearded dragon.
5. Can commit to providing proper care for this bearded dragon.
6. Is a mature person will provide responsible and primary care for this companion animal.
7. Can care for the lizard for the entire lifespan which in this case is 3 to 10 years
Have fun with your new pet Bearded Dragon!